Graduate Admissions Requirements
Getting Enrolled in an EKU Graduate Program
Applying for admission into Eastern Kentucky University’s online Safety, Security and Emergency Management Master of Science Degree Program begins by meeting the requirements and submitting an application form. Once your application is reviewed, the enrollment process can take place. Applications for the program are accepted six times annually. Applicants will be reviewed for admission based upon the criteria listed below. Call an Enrollment Advisor at 1-877-398-3048 to learn about the options that are available to you.
If accepted as a graduate student in the Master of Science in Safety, Security and Emergency Management online degree program, you can be confident in the fact that you will be receiving an exceptional education from a recognized leader in these fields. Applications for admission are accepted six times each year.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Complete the Graduate School online application and pay $35 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from the university that granted your baccalaureate degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 in undergraduate work or in the last 60 hours of the bachelor’s degree program
- MAT score of 375 or, GRE scores of 149 verbal and 141 quantitative and an analytical writing score of at least 3.0
- If you hold a Masters degree from a regionally accredited school the MAT & GRE may be waived
** Any questions regarding the admission requirements, please call an Enrollment Advisor at 1-877-398-3048.
Please Send Admissions Materials to :
EKU Graduate School
SSB 310 CPO 68
521 Lancaster Ave.
Richmond, KY 40475-3168
International applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete Graduate School application and pay $35 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all previous schools attended.
- International transcripts to be evaluated by WES.
- MAT score of 375 or GRE scores of 149 verbal, and 141 quantitative, and analytical writing score of at least 3.0
- TOEFL score of 550
- IELTS minimum score of 5 in each area, overall score minimum of 6
Provisional admission may be granted upon the recommendation of the Safety, Security and Emergency Management Department when an applicant is unable to supply all of the necessary application materials (e.g. official GRE or MAT scores) prior to admission consideration, but who otherwise meet the admission requirements. Complete and satisfactory application materials are required before the end of the semester in which the student has registered.
Probationary admission may be granted upon the recommendation of the Safety, Security and Emergency Management Department to an applicant who does not meet certain requirements for clear admission, but does show promise for successful graduate study. For example, probationary admission may be granted to a student with GPA and GRE scores are below the minimum requirement. After obtaining probationary admission, the minimum condition to transfer to clear admission status is the successful completion of approved graduate course work at EKU with a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 and with no more than one grade of ‘C’ or lower.