Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Getting Enrolled in an EKU Undergraduate Program
Applying for admission into any of Eastern Kentucky University’s online undergraduate degree programs begins by meeting the requirements and submitting an application form. Once your application is reviewed, the enrollment process can take place. Applications for the program are accepted year-round. Applicants will be reviewed for admission based upon the criteria listed below. Call an Enrollment Advisor at 1-866-277-9878 to learn about the options that are available to you.
Our online undergraduate programs feature five 8-week terms a year, this flexible schedule gives you the opportunity to earn your bachelor’s degree at your convenience.
To be eligible for admission to either program, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
And one of these four options:
- An AA, AS, or AAS degree** OR
- 24 transfer credit hours from a regionally accredited university including equivalents to an EKU 100-level or higher English AND Math course OR
- ACT with sub-scores meeting or exceeding 18+ English, 19+ in math and 20+ in reading OR
- SAT with sub-scores meeting or exceeding 430+ writing, 460+ math and 470+ in reading OR
- COMPASS with sub-scores meeting or exceeding 85+ reading, 36+ algebra domain and 74+ writing
** A minimum college grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a scale of 4.0
Any questions regarding the admission requirements, please call an Enrollment Advisor at 1-866-277-9878.
- Order your official transcripts. We need official transcripts sent directly from every regionally accredited college that you have previously attended to our off-site admissions address.
- If applicable you’ll need to send in final high school transcripts with graduation date posted and SAT or ACT test scores. Note: High school transcripts and SAT/ACT can be copies of your officials sent as an attachment, faxed, or mailed.
- Send in the undergraduate application and $30 non-refundable application fee
International Applicants, must complete the following requirements:
- Complete the TOEFL Exam with minimum scores of- 500 (paper based), 173(computer based), and 61 (internet based)
- Provide Official Secondary School Records
- Complete the Declaration and Certification of Finances Form ($27,500 min. must be guaranteed per enrollment year)
- Letter from bank to support the Declaration and Certification of Finances