Program Coordinator Andrew Tinsley
Andrew Tinsley is an Associate Professor with the online fire degree programs at EKU. He has spent 10 years working within the fire service, has worked approximately 5 years as a practicing engineer, and has performed fire investigations for about 5 years. He holds a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in civil engineering from the University of Tennessee and is currently pursuing his Ph.D from the same institution. Mr. Tinsley also serves as a Director for the National Association of Fire Investigators.
Andrew Tinsley Career Highlights:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee
- ABD status for Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering in Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator
- Administrative Consultant for the Karns Volunteer Fire Department, Knoxville, TN.
- Staff Engineer at ARC Fire Engineering, Nicholasville, KY
- Director for the National Association of Fire Investigators
- Volunteer with Madison County Fire Investigation Taskforce, Madison County, KY
- Former Task Force Volunteer, Knox County Fire Investigation Unit
- Former Training Officer, Lieutenant, Firefighter/EMT-IV – Karns Volunteer Fire Department, Knoxville, TN
- Former Structural and Civil Engineer at Professional Project Services, Inc., Oak Ridge, TN
- Former Engineer for Construction Engineering Consultants, Knoxville, TN