Dr. Tom Schneid
Tom Schneid, J.D., is a tenured professor in the Department of Safety, Security and Emergency Management at Eastern Kentucky University.
Tom has earned a B.S. in education, M.S. and CAS is safety as well as his Juris Doctor from West Virginia University and LL.M. from the University of San Diego. Tom is a member of the bar for the U.S. Supreme Court, 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, and a number of federal districts as well as the Kentucky and West Virginia Bar.
Tom has authored and co-authored (14) texts on various safety, fire, EMS and legal topics as well as over 100 articles. He was named one of the “Rising Stars in Safety” by Occupational Hazards magazine in 1997 and recently awarded the Program of Distinction Fellow by the Commonwealth of Kentucky and EKU (1999/2000).
Tom Schneid Career Highlights:
- LLM, Labor and Employment Law, University of San Diego
- MS, Safety Management, West Virginia University
- JD, West Virginia University
- Certificate of Advanced Study, Safety, West Virginia University
- Arbitrator – American Arbitration Association Panel of Arbitrators
- Participant – West Virginia Bar Volunteer Mediator Program
- Attorney/Partner – Schumann and Schneid, PLLC
- President/Consultant – TDS Consulting, Inc
- Former Corporate Director, Safety for IBP-Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Former Industrial Relations Director – AMPAC, Co.
- Former Personnel Manager – IBP-Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- In 1997, received the “”Rising Star in Safety” from OSH magazine
- Certifications include: Certified audiometric technician, Certified forklift safety instructor, Certified Masters Level Hazard Control Management (CHCM), Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM), Certified Safety Executive by World Safety Organization
- Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers, Central Kentucky Fire Fighters Association, Consultant Division of A.S.S.E., Environmental Law Society, International Association of Hospital Safety and Security, Labor and Employment Law Society, National Safety Management Society, OSHA OTI General Industry, Safety and Health Educators Association, Society of Fire Science Technicians, Volunteer Lawyers for Appalachian Kentucky