Why Earn a Degree in Emergency Management?
Provide Leadership in a Time of Need
Earning your Master’s Degree in Safety, Security and Emergency Management with a concentration in Emergency Management online from Eastern Kentucky University prepares you for leadership opportunities and provides you with the knowledge you’ll need to create a safer world.
- Become an assertive leader, ready to accept more administrative and leadership responsibilities, and gain the knowledge you’ll need to excel in decision-making.
- Learn to prevent hazards from developing into disasters and reduce the effects of emergencies when they occur.
- Prevent, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate natural disasters, acts of terrorism and other man-made disasters.
- Get prepared. Explore the training, equipment and activities that ensure effective emergency response.
- Improve your education while remaining active as a working fire science or safety professional.
- Build your network through interaction with other students and faculty who are active fire and safety professionals.
A master’s degree increases your knowledge while demonstrating a continued commitment to learning and leadership. Eastern Kentucky University’s flexible online master’s degree program provides you with the opportunity to continue your career while simultaneously implementing your new knowledge and skills into your current position.