Why Earn a Degree in Fire and Emergency Services?
Build a Lasting Career in Fire and Emergency Services
Earning your Master’s Degree in Safety, Security and Emergency Management with a concentration in Fire and Emergency Services online from Eastern Kentucky University prepares you for leadership opportunities in the field of fire and emergency services. The program is an advanced graduate-level education designed for working professionals and focused specifically on helping you develop into a transformative leader in organizations such as police, fire and rescue service, emergency medical service and a variety of other agencies.
- Directly address and respond to a variety of fire and emergency situations as a properly trained team leader or manager who can make intelligent decisions in crisis situations.
- Design and engage in awareness and prevention programs to help the public avoid, detect and report emergencies effectively.
- Improve your education while remaining active as a working fire science and safety professional.
- Build your network through interaction with other students and faculty who are active fire and safety professionals.
- Create new professional opportunities at the local, state and federal level. Work for public agencies, private companies, volunteer organizations, government bodies or the military.
- Lead in your workplace and in the community, gain the knowledge you’ll need to become actively involved and make a difference in the world around you.
A master’s degree increases your knowledge while demonstrating a continued commitment to learning and leadership. Eastern Kentucky University’s flexible online master’s degree program provides you with the opportunity to continue your career while simultaneously implementing your new knowledge and skills into your current position.