Program Coordinator Greg Gorbett
Greg Gorbett is an instructor for the online fire degree programs at EKU. He spent 7 years working as a private consultant in the fire, arson, and explosion investigation profession prior to coming to EKU. He holds two Bachelor of Science degrees, one in Fire Science, and the other in Forensic Science. He holds MS degrees in Executive Fire Service Leadership and recently a MS degree in Fire Protection Engineering. He currently serves on the NFPA 1033 Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator, as well as a Director for the National Association of Fire Investigators.
Gregory Gorbett Career Highlights:
- MS, Fire Protection Engineering & MS, Executive Fire Service Leadership
- Volunteer firefighter for several departments in IN. Most recently, a member of the Angola Volunteer Fire Department as a Paid-On-Call firefighter.
- Currently an active honorary member of the Carroll County Arson Task Force. Responsible for conducting fire and explosion investigations to determine the origin, cause and responsibility of fires and explosions.
- Former Fire and Explosion Analyst at John A. Kennedy and Associate, Sarasota, FL
- Former Fire and Explosion Investigator, Donan Engineering, Evansville, IN
- 2006 – Received the “John Charles Wilson Scholarship” from the International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator – CFEI, CFII, IAAI-CFI, CFPS, CVFI
- Committee, Member, International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA) Validation Committee for IFSTA Fire Investigator Training Manual.
- Vice Chair, NFPA Fire Science and Technology Educator’s Section – Executive Board, Vice President.