Why Earn a Degree in Homeland Security?
Provide Leadership in a Time of Need
Earning your Master’s Degree in Safety, Security and Emergency Management with a concentration in Homeland Security online from Eastern Kentucky University prepares you for leadership opportunities and provides you with the knowledge you’ll need to ensure the security of the United States.
- Become an assertive leader, ready to accept more administrative and leadership responsibilities, and gain the knowledge you’ll need to excel in decision-making.
- Study emergency preparedness and response, domestic intelligence, critical infrastructure protection, border security, transportation security, bio-defense, detection of radioactive and radiological materials, and research and implementation of next-generation security technology.
- Create new career opportunities with government organizations like the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Defense, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the FBI, Transportation Security Administration, the Secret Service and many more.
- Get prepared. Explore the training, equipment and activities that ensure effective emergency response.
- Improve your education while remaining active as a working professional.
- Build your network through interaction with other students and faculty who are active professionals.
A master’s degree increases your knowledge while demonstrating a continued commitment to learning and leadership. Eastern Kentucky University’s flexible online master’s degree program provides you with the opportunity to continue your career while simultaneously implementing your new knowledge and skills into your current position.