With more than 30 years in the fire service, Jim Pharr, professor, retired in 2006 after serving as a fire fighter, investigator, fire chief, fire marshal and emergency management director in North Carolina counties. His teaching experience includes both training and education delivery for more than 30 years with community colleges in NC. He holds an AAS in Fire Science, BS in Fire Safety Engineering, MS in Fire Service Leadership, and is a graduate of the National Fire Academy’s Executive Fire Officer Program.
James Pharr Career Highlights:
- MS, Executive Fire Service Leadership
- Former Adjunct Instructor, National Fire Academy – Presented more than 6,000 hours of classroom and hands-on training.
- Former Emergency Management Director and Fire Marshal, Gaston County, North Carolina
- Former Fire Chief, Pinecroft Sedgefield Fire Department – Guilford County, NC
- Former Fire Investigator, Charlotte, North Carolina Fire Department
- Certified Fire Investigator – #24-001, International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire/Arson Investigator, NC Fire and Rescue Commission