Master's in Safety, Security and Emergency Management – Curriculum
A Focused Curriculum, A Dynamic Master’s Program
The online Master of Science in Safety, Security and Emergency Management program from Eastern Kentucky University prepares currently employed safety, fire, public service, security, business and military professionals with an advanced education that is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to evolve your career and become a respected leader in the field. You’ll stay competitive as a working professional, while building your professional network through interactions with other students in various roles and stages in their careers, and faculty involved in the safety, security and emergency management field.
As a student in Eastern Kentucky University’s online Safety, Security and Emergency Management master’s degree program you’ll begin with courses that are designed to provide a well rounded safety, security and emergency management foundation, and establish the groundwork for your elected concentration to build on. The core of this graduate level program is an advanced examination of safety, leadership, legal issues, compliance, emergency response, research, auditing, and more.
Safety, Security and Emergency Management Core Courses
- SSEM Core Courses
- SSE 815 – Safety, Security & Emergency Management Administration
- SSE 822 – Workers’ Compensation / Labor Law
- SSE 826 – Emergency Preparation and Response
- SSE 833 – Legislation & Legal Compliance
- SSE 865 – Auditing for Safety, Security & Emergency Management
- SSE 880 – Research & Planning for Safety, Security & Emergency Management
Safety, Security and Emergency Management General Electives
Concentration Focused Electives
* Students have the option to specialize in a concentration, or to pursue a multi-disciplinary track.
State authorization link for co-op: http://ekuonline.eku.edu/state-authorization-status