Pam holds a B.S. in Security and Public Safety, an M.S. in Criminal Justice from Eastern Kentucky University and a D.Ed. with an emphasis in Educational Policy Studies from the University of Kentucky. She is also a Certified Fraud Examiner (C.F.E.).
Prior to coming to EKU in 1986, she worked as an Industrial Security Specialist for General Electric, Aircraft Engine Business Group Division, and as a Fire and Safety Engineer for Industrial Risk Insurers.
Pam currently serves on the Guidelines Commission for the American Society for Industrial Security International and chairs the Security Section of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. She has authored numerous publications relating to security and loss prevention, including crime prevention, campus security, drug testing, physical security, false-alarm rates, workplace violence and other issues relating to security policies and procedures.
She has published three texts, reviewed several books and authored numerous articles. She has vast experience in the security and loss prevention profession and has provided expert testimony on the issues of physical and procedural security.
Pam has also served as an independent security consultant or security expert to such organizations as: Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Georgetown, Kentucky; King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Central Bank of Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria; Aramco Oil Services Company, Saudi Arabia and Houston, TX; Risk and Security Management Professionals, Sweden; India Security and Safety Corporation, India; International University, Moscow, Russia; the National Institute of Justice; and numerous state and federal agencies.
Pam Collins Career Highlights:
- D. Ed., Policy Studies, University of Kentucky
- MS, Criminal Justice, Eastern Kentucky University
- Currently the Program Manager and Principal Investigator, FEMA/National Incident Management Integration Center
- Currently the Principal Investigator and Program Manager, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FEMA/Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium
- Formerly the Specialist-Industrial Security, Government Classified Security Unit for General Electric
- Formerly the High Risk Property Insurance and Underwriter, Fire Protection Engineer for Industrial Risk Insurers
- Member of the Nordic and International Network For Safety and Security (NINSS), National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, American Society for Industrial Security Committees, American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Consultant for Aramco Oil, Central Bank of Nigeria, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, United Security Corporation, University of Nykoping, Sweden