Why Earn a Degree in Occupational Safety?
Help Make the Workplace Safer
Earning your Master’s Degree in Safety, Security, and Emergency Management with a Concentration in Occupational Safety online from Eastern Kentucky University prepares you for leadership opportunities and provides you with the knowledge you’ll need to create a safer world. Regardless of where you work, it’s important that you are afforded every possible safety precaution to minimize the risk of injury or death. It’s the responsibility of occupational safety professionals to make sure you can perform your job under the safest conditions possible.
- Become prepared to accept more administrative and leadership responsibilities, gain the knowledge you’ll need to excel in decision-making.
- Explore a diverse range of safety fields including: health, hygiene, public health, safety engineering, ergonomics, toxicology, environmental health, labor law, occupational health psychology, and health psychology.
- Learn to create a safe work environment that allows for the highest degree of physical, mental, and social well being for workers.
- Improve your education while remaining active as a working fire science or safety professional.
- Build your network through interaction with other students and faculty who are active fire and safety professionals.
A master’s degree increases your knowledge while demonstrating a continued commitment to learning and leadership. Eastern Kentucky University’s flexible online master’s degree program provides you with the opportunity to continue your career while simultaneously implementing your new knowledge and skills into your current position.