Why Earn a Degree in Labor and Employment?
Focus on Employee Safety and Labor Law
When you earn a Master’s Degree in Safety, Security, and Emergency Management with a Concentration in Labor and Employment online from Eastern Kentucky University you gain the leadership skills you’ll need to take the next step in your career. In addition you’ll become proficient with the employee safety, labor law and human resources side of fire, safety and emergency services. It’s an education designed to help you create a stronger bond with your employer, a new career pathway, and help you advocate for and protect the safety of your coworkers and their jobs.
- Study the complexities of workers compensation to effectively manage work-related injury and illness claims.
- Assess and analyze the labor and employment issues that can impact the safety and health function in most organizations.
- Gain a deeper understanding of leadership and management while learning to implement safety related laws and regulations.
- Learn how employees and unions organize. Explore the foundations of collective bargaining and the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
- Build your network through interaction with faculty and students who are active safety professionals.
A master’s degree increases your knowledge while demonstrating a continued commitment to learning and leadership. Eastern Kentucky University’s flexible online master’s degree program provides you with the opportunity to continue your career while simultaneously implementing your new knowledge and skills into your current position.