Provide Worksite and Personnel Safety
Earning an online Master of Science in Safety, Security and Emergency Management with a concentration in Construction Safety prepares you to lead the safety protocols specific to the construction industry. While safety processes and procedures can often span industries, construction safety can be quite different, requiring very specific knowledge. This program has been designed to address a spectrum of safety issues ranging from crane operation to investigation protocols in case of an accident.
Our concentration in construction safety combines industry-leading best practices with valuable leadership and insight from our distinguished faculty of safety professionals. Plus, you’ll be able to translate your newfound knowledge directly to the worksite.
Rankings and Accreditation
Included in U.S. News & World Report‘s annual listing of top colleges and universities.
Ranked 9th as Top Online College for Occupational Safety Degrees.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
What you can learn
The master’s in construction safety combines an overview of employee and environmental safety procedures to avoid accidents, investigate incidents, and update protocols to mitigate future issues.
Choose EKU online and you can:
- Learn from a distinguished faculty of safety professionals.
- Translate your newfound knowledge directly to the worksite.
- Learn how different work environments operate, and the unique threats, hazards and risks involved with each.
- Develop safety procedures and emergency response policies within the frame of governmental regulations specific to the construction industry.
- Earn your degree or certificate from a Qualified Academic Program (QAP) of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
Topics of study include:
- Personnel safety and hazards
- Environmental safety and hazards
- Construction Safety Management
Additional certificates can be stacked onto your master’s degree with minimal extension of your program.
Eastern Kentucky University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, educational specialist, and doctorate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Eastern Kentucky University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Online Construction Safety Concentration Courses