A diverse field of study. A world of career opportunity.
Corporate Security Operations: The U.S. security industry is a more than $350 billion market, supporting millions of practitioners who occupy critical roles in industry. Security careers span diverse industries in every sector of the global economy, ranging from positions with small and medium-sized businesses to leadership roles essential to protecting every aspect of an enterprise. The new four-course, twelve hour graduate certificate in Corporate Security Operations builds on the rich EKU history of security (loss prevention, security management and most recently homeland security), while embracing the future of the U.S. security industry.
Rankings and Accreditation
Included in U.S. News & World Report‘s annual listing of top colleges and universities.
Ranked 9th as Top Online College for Occupational Safety Degrees.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Two 100% Online Corporate Security Operations Programs
A future in Corporate Security Operations by the Numbers
96% of our MS SSEM graduates are employed*
64% received a salary increase upon degree completion*
91% MS SSEM graduates agreed that it helped them be more competitive in the job marketplace*
The U.S. dept. of homeland security employs more than 240,000 people (www.dhs.gov)
*2012 graduate survey
What can you do with a Corporate Security Operations master’s degree?
From protecting infrastructure and information systems to patrolling the U.S. borders, homeland security touches industries around the world.
Upon graduating from our program, you should know how to:
- Recognize significant hazards
- Analyze intelligence
- Respond to disaster and emergency situations
- Understand the administrative responsibilities and regulations involved
You can use your Corporate Security Operations degree to explore opportunities within:
- U.S. Department of Corporate Security Operations
- State Corporate Security Operations departments
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Secret Service
- Office of the Inspector General
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Bureau of Customs and Border Protection
- Transportation Security Agency
- Local and state law enforcement agencies
- Information Analysis and Infrastructure Protection Directorate
Why Choose EKU Online?
A homeland security graduate degree or graduate certificate from EKU can put you on the path to protect our nation. You can enjoy the flexibility of our online format and gain a competitive edge by applying your newfound knowledge in the field and earning a valuable credential.
We partner with several safety training organizations throughout the industry. If you’ve worked with any of these agencies, you may be eligible for MS SSEM credit:
- OSHA Training Institute
- Loss Prevention Foundation
- National Fire Academy
- U.S. Army (Homeland Security & Safety)
- National Safety Management Society