Secure your future through safety.
Earning an occupational safety and health certificate from Eastern Kentucky University can be a step on your path to learning and leadership. The safety strategies you learn here can make an immediate impact on your career path and the well-being of workers in your community. While our 12-credit hour occupational safety graduate certificate uses the exact curriculum — and is taught by the same faculty — as our Master’s in Safety, it can be completed independently of a degree program.
Use your newfound knowledge to explore the vast and growing occupational safety field, which is expected to grow by 67,100 new jobs by 2022.*
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Rankings and Accreditation
Included among “America’s Top Colleges” for the seventh consecutive year.
Included in U.S. News & World Report‘s annual listing of top colleges and universities.
Ranked 9th as Top Online College for Occupational Safety Degrees.
Designated as one of America’s most Veteran-Friendly campuses.
What you can learn
The occupational safety certificate combines an overview of the safety and security industry with an in-depth look at leadership principles in workplace safety.
Choose EKU online and you can:
- Learn how different work environments (industrial, construction and corporate) operate, and the unique threats, hazards and risks involved with each.
- Develop safety procedures and emergency response policies within the frame of governmental regulations for health and safety.
- Study the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in working to make an impact on the safety of American workers.
Topics of study include:
- Industrial Safety Management
- Hazard Control Principles
- Risk Identification and Countermeasures
- Construction Safety
- Regulatory Requirements for Health and Safety
- Development of Safety Programs
- Emergency Management
- Workplace Risk Factors
- Fire Safety
- Management Techniques
EKU is accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
“What does an EKU graduate have that the others don’t have? They have had the advantage of a phenomenal faculty, an exceptional academic experience while they’re here and the opportunity to go out and work with and for companies through the cooperative education program, and to walk out of here being absolutely prepared to take on the challenges of the occupation.”
— Tom Schneid, Chair, Safety, Security and Emergency Management
Online Graduate Certificate in Occupational Safety Courses